Posted on December 21, 2012 by Title III
Below is where we will post new and updated college learning and success tutorials, online student tips, and how to’s. A complete list of our tutorials are posted on the Tutorials tab in the top navigation and more information can be found in Additional Resources.
Highly Recommended :) If you “Follow Blog via Email” (over there… to the right) you will receive an email notification when this page is updated with great stuff!
Image: ©iStockphoto.com/RuslanDashinsky (cork board with pins)
Filed under: Tutorials | Comments Off
Posted on April 10, 2014 by Title III
The 2nd annual Plagiarism Education Week virtual conference is April 21-25. Free, daily webcasts will share ideas and best practices to teach educators and students how to stop copying and start thinking critically.
- Monday, April 21 – Understanding Plagiarism with Help from Dr. Seuss
- Tuesday, April 22 – Tweets from the French Revolution? Using What Students Know to Promote Original Work and Critical Thinking
- Wednesday, April 23 – “I Plagiarized My Child’s Birth”: From Extreme Plagiarism to Contextualized Understanding
- Thursday, April 24 – How to Keep Your Job, Not Lose Your Reputation, Avoid Getting Sued, and Not Kill People
- Thursday, April 24 – IRAC, Therefore I Write
- Friday, April 25 – Survival of the Fittest: Adapting Methodologies for Successful Plagiarism Discussions
Visit Turnitin’s web site for more information on the sessions above and to register! Certificates of Participation are available.
Sponsors: AIC, SEE, 6IPC, NITLE, and PlagiarismToday.
Filed under: Student Resources, Student Success | Tagged: Avoiding Plagiarism | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 4, 2014 by Title III
The results of our student survey are in and we have two winners. Congratulations to Patricia Kohler and Carol Pate! They will each receive a gift certificate to the UAS online bookstore. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey and offered the following suggestions.
Students would like to see tutorials on:
- Learning styles
- Studying and comprehension
- How to find support services
- Time management (we have this!)
- APA format
- Computer fixes
- How to create citations
- How to upload files to blackboard
- Writing lab reports
- Algebra refresher
- How to be more engaged in the classroom
- Writing (personal letters, resumes)
- Library article searches
- Navigating blackboard
The survey may be closed but we’d still love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment here, or email us your comments and suggestions anytime!
Filed under: Miscellaneous | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 1, 2014 by Title III
Mindflash offers up some tips with this handy infographic on how to make your resume stand out! Click on the image to enlarge.
Filed under: Quick Tip | Tagged: Resumes | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 28, 2014 by Title III
It’s an iPad kind of day…
I just came across this article with links to reviews of the Word, PowerPoint and Excel iPad apps. Check out the reviews listed on ipadacademy.com. The apps are free in the iTunes store (they all offer in-app purchases).
Filed under: Miscellaneous, Quick Tip | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 28, 2014 by Title III
Attention all iPad users. Do you have a favorite website that you visit? Do you wish you had an icon on your desktop so you could just click on and it would take you right there? Well there’s an easy way to do this!
- Navigate to your favorite website (may we suggest http://tipsforstudentsuccess.wordpress.com)
- Click on the “share” icon
- Choose “add to home screen
You can change the name that will appear on the icon. It’s that simple! Now you have an icon that takes you right to the desired webpage. Can’t get much simpler than that!
Filed under: Quick Tip | Leave a comment »